Description of your first forum.

Moderator: S-Man

YankeeManiac

First Fantasy Trade of 2010:

Post by YankeeManiac »

to noone's surprise:

YankeeManiac gets Jeter, pick 5.9, pick 7.9
UCanCallMeDavis gets Rollins, pick 5.7, pick 7.7

The defending Gold Glovers and 2010 AL and NL MVPs are both excited to "be back home" with their teams.
C: Sanchez
1B: Votto,Voit
2B: DJ Le (1B/3B), Cano
SS: B. Rodgers (2B) M. Rojas
3B: Urshela (SS) Biggio (2B?)
OF: Harper, Duvall, A Hicks
SP: Kershaw, Ray, Flaherty, P. Lopez, L. Severino, Taillon, German
RP: Jansen, Graterol, Crochet, Loaisiga, Yates
Knight2254

Re: First Fantasy Trade of 2010:

Post by Knight2254 »

Trading one washed-up-has-been for another. Eh.. Can't get too excited about this trade.
YankeeManiac

Post by YankeeManiac »

Knight2254 wrote:Trading one washed-up-has-been for another. Eh.. Can't get too excited about this trade.
Both of whom should have been drafted above Pablo Sandoval...I like the Kung Fu Panda, but he shouldnt have went before Votto and Youkilis. He could have waited a round. At least he went before Andrew McCutcheon.
Knight2254

Post by Knight2254 »

YankeeManiac wrote:
Knight2254 wrote:Trading one washed-up-has-been for another. Eh.. Can't get too excited about this trade.
Both of whom should have been drafted above Pablo Sandoval...I like the Kung Fu Panda, but he shouldnt have went before Votto and Youkilis. He could have waited a round. At least he went before Andrew McCutcheon.
Now I realize I could have have waited, my bad. I didn't realize this league doesn't value position scarcity.

Once J-Roll gets dropped to 6 or 7 in the batting order you will see his value drop dramatically. Rollins was much better at getting on base after the All Star break, but even then his OBP was only .306, which is absolutely terrible. Jeter posted an OBP over 100 points higher.
Polanco's huge head

Post by Polanco's huge head »

Knight2254 wrote:
YankeeManiac wrote:
Now I realize I could have have waited, my bad. I didn't realize this league doesn't value position scarcity.

Once J-Roll gets dropped to 6 or 7 in the batting order you will see his value drop dramatically. Rollins was much better at getting on base after the All Star break, but even then his OBP was only .306, which is absolutely terrible. Jeter posted an OBP over 100 points higher.
Sandoval had an arguably better (more valuable) fantasy year than Youk or Votto last year. Given where they are in their careers I don't see much reason why that couldn't continue.
That head tho
YankeeManiac

Post by YankeeManiac »

Knight2254 wrote:
YankeeManiac wrote:

guys who hit 15 homers, steal 21 bases and score 59 runs in a half season dont typically get dropped to 6th or 7th in the lineup. Instead they hit in front of guys like Utley, Howard, and Ibanez and continue to score a ton of runs, and get MAD protection.

Good news is i hear Sandoval has Mark DeRosa protecting him now, that's exciting

Pablo does indeed give you position scarcity. There really are a lack of 1B and 3Bman available out there. Thanks for clarifying your thought process.
TheWolfpack

Post by TheWolfpack »

Before Knight responds can he make his pick? He is perfectly in his right to take till noon, but I am soooooooo bored. Thanks for the Me/Swisher shout-out Amato...my man-crush still burns bright for #33. He is already penciled into my fantasy line-up as a member of 'the pack'. Operation Panda has been working out for the first time EVER this off-season. Maybe he is destined for .330, 30, 110 now that he hit the weights.
C- R. Hernandez, Shoppach
1- C. Pena, C. Carter
2 - L. Castillo, Kennedy
SS - Tulowitzki
3 - M. Reynolds
OF - Werth, Coghlan, Ludwick
Util - M. Ordonez
SP - Beckett, Garza, Baker, Cahill, Duchscherer, Volstad, Millwood
RP - Street, Baez, C. Perez, Devine
Scrantonicity

Post by Scrantonicity »

Not to kill your argument here Amato, because I completely argue anyone who would suggest that Jeter and Rollins are over the hill and not great value picks. But there is talk in SF that Buster Posey is no where near ready to start behind the plate, and the Giants may very well turn to Sandoval at C. If this happens, then Pablo's value jumps signnificantly, as he would clearly be a close #2 behind Mauer at fantasy backstop.
C Varsho
1B Joe, Smith
2B Torres
3B Bohm, Kim
SS Witt, Lopez
OF Soto, Mullins, Grossman, Naquin
U Suzuki, Gorman
SP Alcantara, Montas, Verlander, Rodriguez, Greene, Corbin, Kelly, Glasnow
RP Iglesias, Rogers, Trivino, Barnes, Giles
Pocket full of Posey

Post by Pocket full of Posey »

Scrantonicity wrote:Not to kill your argument here Amato, because I completely argue anyone who would suggest that Jeter and Rollins are over the hill and not great value picks. But there is talk in SF that Buster Posey is no where near ready to start behind the plate, and the Giants may very well turn to Sandoval at C. If this happens, then Pablo's value jumps signnificantly, as he would clearly be a close #2 behind Mauer at fantasy backstop.

Blasphemy!! Non-Believer!! Posey will be ready for the season! *cries in corner*
C: Suzuki, Pierzynski
1B: Morales, G. Jones
2B: J. Weeks, Sanchez
3B: Chipper, Valencia
SS: Cozart, Pastornicky
OF: Braun, Bourn, Ichiro, Tabata
SP: Halladay, Lester, Wainwright, Chacin, Norris, Blanton, Porcello
RP: Soria, Romo, Fuentes, Abreu, Axelrod
Knight2254

Post by Knight2254 »

TheWolfpack wrote:Before Knight responds can he make his pick? He is perfectly in his right to take till noon, but I am soooooooo bored. Thanks for the Me/Swisher shout-out Amato...my man-crush still burns bright for #33. He is already penciled into my fantasy line-up as a member of 'the pack'. Operation Panda has been working out for the first time EVER this off-season. Maybe he is destined for .330, 30, 110 now that he hit the weights.
I'm torn on my pick right now.. I got an idea, down to 1 or two guys, but I'm still working on it.

There is also talk of playing Pablo at first, so he could be very versatile.
heggos

Post by heggos »

Scrantonicity wrote:Not to kill your argument here Amato, because I completely argue anyone who would suggest that Jeter and Rollins are over the hill and not great value picks. But there is talk in SF that Buster Posey is no where near ready to start behind the plate, and the Giants may very well turn to Sandoval at C. If this happens, then Pablo's value jumps signnificantly, as he would clearly be a close #2 behind Mauer at fantasy backstop.
I follow the Giants closely--all too closely--and I've not seen even the most wild-eyed, speculative columnist or blogger suggest that this is a possibility (much less Sabean or Bochy). As an owner of Pablo in an NL keeper league, I'd love to see it happen, but this is the longest of longshots at best.
C SMurphy
1B NLowe|Vogelbach
2B Profar|Dubon|LGarcía
3B Riley|Paredes
SS Torres
OF LGurriel|Laureano|Taveras|AGarcía|Oliva
UT Álvarez
SP Darvish|Buehler|Stroman|Kikuchi|DeSclafani|Lindblom|Brault
RP Williams|Antone|Duffey|Brebbia|Wisler
Scrantonicity

Post by Scrantonicity »

heggos wrote:
I follow the Giants closely--all too closely--and I've not seen even the most wild-eyed, speculative columnist or blogger suggest that this is a possibility (much less Sabean or Bochy). As an owner of Pablo in an NL keeper league, I'd love to see it happen, but this is the longest of longshots at best.
Sounds like you need to follow Jon Heyman on Twitter. That's where I heard it. He's a pretty legit source btw.
C Varsho
1B Joe, Smith
2B Torres
3B Bohm, Kim
SS Witt, Lopez
OF Soto, Mullins, Grossman, Naquin
U Suzuki, Gorman
SP Alcantara, Montas, Verlander, Rodriguez, Greene, Corbin, Kelly, Glasnow
RP Iglesias, Rogers, Trivino, Barnes, Giles
heggos

Post by heggos »

Scrantonicity wrote:
heggos wrote:
Sounds like you need to follow Jon Heyman on Twitter. That's where I heard it. He's a pretty legit source btw.
Heyman is legit, but I trust the beat reporter interviewing the GM a little more.

"OK, so where’s the catcher coming from?

It won’t be Pablo Sandoval. Too risky, Sabean said. And it might be a more offensively minded guy, knowing they have to replace some of Bengie Molina’s offense. He can’t be a defensive liability, though, for obvious reasons. It’s not easy to catch premium stuff, and the Giants have a few of those guys, if you haven’t noticed."

Not to say he might not log a game or two as an emergency C, but I doubt he reaches eligibility and, back to the original point, it would be foolish to draft him as anything other than a corner infielder.

http://blogs.mercurynews.com/extrabaggs ... ubble-etc/
C SMurphy
1B NLowe|Vogelbach
2B Profar|Dubon|LGarcía
3B Riley|Paredes
SS Torres
OF LGurriel|Laureano|Taveras|AGarcía|Oliva
UT Álvarez
SP Darvish|Buehler|Stroman|Kikuchi|DeSclafani|Lindblom|Brault
RP Williams|Antone|Duffey|Brebbia|Wisler
YankeeManiac

Post by YankeeManiac »

heggos wrote:
Not to say he might not log a game or two as an emergency C, but I doubt he reaches eligibility and, back to the original point, it would be foolish to draft him as anything other than a corner infielder.

http://blogs.mercurynews.com/extrabaggs ... ubble-etc/
my point exactly. sandoval is a corner infielder