Draft talk.

Description of your first forum.

Moderator: S-Man

Polanco's huge head

Re: Draft talk.

Post by Polanco's huge head »

Thank you for being such a vocal supporter of the vast, internet challenged, unwashed masses. America is now a better place. That said, I don't care if I'm skipped. However I know it makes it a hassle to track so I've shot a bunch of crappy players to Scrantonicity to select on my behalf as I'm on the slope today.
That head tho
wsuguay

Post by wsuguay »

buxton91107 wrote:Help me out here. I'm a bit confused. How does PFOP have no time to hop on the Internet for the five seconds it takes to make a pick but has time to script a diatribe complaining about not having enough time. Not a knock, just a question. Can I suggest that if neither you nor your friends can post your pick within the "tight" two hour window, just text it to Amato or one of the several other league members who never seem to have a problem getting their pick in on time. Just a thought
Feeling the need to chime in on the 2-hour frenzy rounds, because I really don't like them. If someone waits six or four hours and hasn't made their pick, I'll pass them without thinking twice about it, but I can understand how someone gets busy with work, maybe goes and sees a movie, wants to spend more than two hours away from the Internet, etc.

Having been in Switzerland for the majority of this draft, I had to submit a lot of lists in order to not get skipped (and I haven't yet), but that also means that I didn't get to make a lot of my own picks. I'm all for keeping the draft moving and really don't like holding it up for the others, but I can understand wanting to make your own picks and don't blame anyone for taking a pass during this two-hour window.

If I'm gonna bitch about anything, it's the people who trade away their picks instead of spending a little bit of time to figure out who they want. I've got nothing against trading (for the most part), but I feel like people willingly giving up their picks has upset the balance of this league. Again, not complaining about the people who work to make the trades happen, this is directed at the enablers who willingly trade down to take more shittier players.
C M. Montero
1B Butler
2B Cano
SS Aybar
3B P. Sandoval
OF Heyward/Trumbo/Pagan/McLouth/Kubel
U Freese/Morneau/Pronk
SP Peavy/B.Anderson/Lynn/Holland/McCarthy/Baker
RP Marshall/W.Wright
DL Beachy
YankeeManiac

Post by YankeeManiac »

Would I be an enabler then? I traded down almost a dozen times only to find the guy I would have taken had I not traded still there. Is the same player considered shittier if he is selected 12 picks later?
C: Sanchez
1B: Votto,Voit
2B: DJ Le (1B/3B), Cano
SS: B. Rodgers (2B) M. Rojas
3B: Urshela (SS) Biggio (2B?)
OF: Harper, Duvall, A Hicks
SP: Kershaw, Ray, Flaherty, P. Lopez, L. Severino, Taillon, German
RP: Jansen, Graterol, Crochet, Loaisiga, Yates
wsuguay

Post by wsuguay »

YankeeManiac wrote:Would I be an enabler then? I traded down almost a dozen times only to find the guy I would have taken had I not traded still there. Is the same player considered shittier if he is selected 12 picks later?
I'm not talking about the 12 pick swings. I'm talking about the full-round swings and that somehow you were a man up and a pick ahead beginning somewhere around the 12th round (just a guess - not gonna look it up), culminating with you being 3 rounds ahead by the 23rd round.

Your strategy was sound, get your picks in as fast as possible, and now I think you've come into a position where you are the Yankees of the league - the expectations are there... don't choke.
C M. Montero
1B Butler
2B Cano
SS Aybar
3B P. Sandoval
OF Heyward/Trumbo/Pagan/McLouth/Kubel
U Freese/Morneau/Pronk
SP Peavy/B.Anderson/Lynn/Holland/McCarthy/Baker
RP Marshall/W.Wright
DL Beachy
YankeeManiac

Post by YankeeManiac »

YankeeManiac wrote:So kershaw is up with 27.13 Fusionhah would be eligible to post 27.14 tonight at 10:23 pm if wishes, if not he will start on the clock tomorrow morning at 7am.

Wsuguay will follow with 27.15
Freezedawg has 27.16
Scrantonicity has 27.17 and later 27.19
Mendoza 27.18 (and 25.18 and 26.3)
Heggos finishes us up with 27.20

Note: manny still needs to post for 27.9 and shabazbulldogs needs to post 26.14 and 27.7
Insert Complaint here:

Blame 2 hour window here:

Blame pick swap trades here:

Blame Barack Obama here:

Complain about anything else on your mind here:
C: Sanchez
1B: Votto,Voit
2B: DJ Le (1B/3B), Cano
SS: B. Rodgers (2B) M. Rojas
3B: Urshela (SS) Biggio (2B?)
OF: Harper, Duvall, A Hicks
SP: Kershaw, Ray, Flaherty, P. Lopez, L. Severino, Taillon, German
RP: Jansen, Graterol, Crochet, Loaisiga, Yates
Scrantonicity

Post by Scrantonicity »

heggos wrote:AND MR. IRRELEVANT SHALL BE...

27.20 - Ruben Tejada (2B/SS - Mets)
Even Mr. Irrelevant is kind of irrevelant, based on the fact that there are three more players that still need to be drafted before we call it a session.
C Varsho
1B Joe, Smith
2B Torres
3B Bohm, Kim
SS Witt, Lopez
OF Soto, Mullins, Grossman, Naquin
U Suzuki, Gorman
SP Alcantara, Montas, Verlander, Rodriguez, Greene, Corbin, Kelly, Glasnow
RP Iglesias, Rogers, Trivino, Barnes, Giles
Vogel

Post by Vogel »

Are we missing anyone?
C - S Murphy
1b -Bell
2b - Muncy
SS- Lindor
3b - Vlad Guerrero Jr.
OF - Robles, Puig, Verdugo
UTIL -Adell, Kike, Taylor, Bauers, Bote, Dalbec
SP - Ray, Fried, Canning, Cease, Lester, Pearson
RP - Barnes, Kelly, Harris, Wood, Nelson
Scrantonicity

Post by Scrantonicity »

To my knowledge, all the picks are in. Now it's wait and see for Yahoo time. Good draft everyone!
C Varsho
1B Joe, Smith
2B Torres
3B Bohm, Kim
SS Witt, Lopez
OF Soto, Mullins, Grossman, Naquin
U Suzuki, Gorman
SP Alcantara, Montas, Verlander, Rodriguez, Greene, Corbin, Kelly, Glasnow
RP Iglesias, Rogers, Trivino, Barnes, Giles
freezedawg2002

Post by freezedawg2002 »

I might be a little late to the party here but speaking as a guy who got jumped a couple times in the last couple rounds who cares. Honestly if we want to fix this problem why don't we get rid of the last two or three rounds all together. With 20 teams and massive benches the first 25 rounds have pretty much decided the league. Why don't we leave a little bit in the free agent pool. It's not a keeper league so having room for prospects is somewhat unnecessary. By the end of the draft we have drafted 540 players.
C 🔑bert
1b Lowe
2b Segura
SS Xander
3b 🔑
OF FTJ, JD, KELENIC
Util Hosmer, Arraez, Wilmer, Dozier, Robles, Alfaro
SP Giolito, Castillo, Mahle, J. gray, Kikuchi, Weaver, Brubaker
Thompson
RP Clase, McGee, Fulmer, Antone, Rob Suarez