Position Eligibility

Description of your first forum.

Moderator: S-Man

wsuguay

Position Eligibility

Post by wsuguay »

Just wanted to post this for everyone as a reminder. The following comes straight from Yahoo:

How is position eligibility established?
Last Updated: November 14, 2011

At the beginning of the Fantasy Baseball season, Sports placed all players into positions based in part on information from official rosters. For the vast majority of cases initial eligibility is based on five starts or 10 appearances at a position in the previous season. Some players appear in multiple position lists and are eligible to fill any of those positions.

Please note the following conditions that apply to a player's position eligibility.

A player's position eligibility will not be adjusted prior to the beginning of the season. (If a player in spring training is playing a "new" position; that position will not appear until a player has met the criteria for a change.)

Players will not lose eligibility at a previously established position at any time. (For example, if a catcher-eligible player begins to play first base exclusively, he will remain eligible at catcher for the entire season.)

It is not possible to customize this setting within Custom Leagues. All leagues are subject to the same constraints.

Gaining eligibility at a new position:

If a position player makes five (5) starts or 10 total appearances at a new position during this season, he will become eligible to play that position in Fantasy Baseball.

Pitchers need to make three starts to become eligible as a starter and five relief appearances to qualify as a reliever.

To track a player's progress toward eligibility at a new position, go to the Players section and click on Position Eligibility. For each player shown, an "E" means they are eligible at a given position, a "-" means they have not played at that position yet, and a number indicates how many games remain before eligibility is earned.

Players will not necessarily be eligible for all positions listed in their Player Profile (viewable by clicking on the player's name).

-----------------------------

Seeing Jose Bautista drafted as a 3B/OF made me think of this. I had no idea he played 25 games at 3B last year, way more than I expected.
C M. Montero
1B Butler
2B Cano
SS Aybar
3B P. Sandoval
OF Heyward/Trumbo/Pagan/McLouth/Kubel
U Freese/Morneau/Pronk
SP Peavy/B.Anderson/Lynn/Holland/McCarthy/Baker
RP Marshall/W.Wright
DL Beachy
wsuguay

Re: Position Eligibility

Post by wsuguay »

You guys should check on your players and their position eligibility now that Yahoo! is up and running.

For example, I just noticed that Jesus Montero is listed only as a UTIL player. As a Mariners fan, I hope he can start at least 5 games behind the dish for the M's, but it could take a couple weeks and a handful of day games for that to happen. Also...
Kershawcalypse wrote:Broxton is the Devil.

25.13 Jamie Carroll -2B/SS/3b/Of/bench coach/assistant to the regional manager -Minnesota Twins.
...Carroll is only 2B/SS eligible. Another heads up.
C M. Montero
1B Butler
2B Cano
SS Aybar
3B P. Sandoval
OF Heyward/Trumbo/Pagan/McLouth/Kubel
U Freese/Morneau/Pronk
SP Peavy/B.Anderson/Lynn/Holland/McCarthy/Baker
RP Marshall/W.Wright
DL Beachy