Draft Chat 2016

Description of your first forum.

Moderator: S-Man

snapman
Posts: 232
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:34 pm

Re: Draft Chat 2016

Postby snapman » Fri Jan 15, 2016 10:12 pm

Noticed this when I put him into the spreadsheet and let him know, not sure if we are going to cancel the trade or keep it as is and have him select another player.
C Meija Hedges
1B Olson
2B Cano Urias
3B Andujar Kingery
SS E.Escobar TatisJr
OF Betts Jimenez Verdugo Zimmer FCordero
SP Buehler Marquez Morton Matz Sheffield Salazar Reid-Foley Lauer
RP Eovaldi Peacock Trivino Strahm Castillo

dbisbee
Posts: 175
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2012 2:27 pm

Re: Draft Chat 2016

Postby dbisbee » Sat Jan 16, 2016 11:54 am

I'd like to trade up if anyone is willing to trade picks. If so, please send an offer. Thanks.
C: Kiner-Falefa, Cervelli
1B: Profar, Alonso
2B: Shaw
3B: Chapman, Longoria
SS: Seager, DeJong, Semien, Marte
OF: Castellanos, Piscotty, Robles, Bruce, Kemp, Markakis
U: Gennett
SP: deGrom, Snell, Luzardo, Gausman, Lopez, Loaisiga
RP: Chirinos,Monty

dbisbee
Posts: 175
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2012 2:27 pm

Re: Draft Chat 2016

Postby dbisbee » Sat Jan 16, 2016 3:52 pm

Will Smith.....Ha!...I see what you did there.
C: Kiner-Falefa, Cervelli
1B: Profar, Alonso
2B: Shaw
3B: Chapman, Longoria
SS: Seager, DeJong, Semien, Marte
OF: Castellanos, Piscotty, Robles, Bruce, Kemp, Markakis
U: Gennett
SP: deGrom, Snell, Luzardo, Gausman, Lopez, Loaisiga
RP: Chirinos,Monty

heggos
Posts: 431
Joined: Sun Dec 20, 2009 10:29 pm

Re: Draft Chat 2016

Postby heggos » Sat Jan 16, 2016 5:19 pm

C Ramos
1B White|Morales|Davis
2B Schoop
3B Rendon|Flores
SS Bogaerts|Diaz
OF Acuña|Pham|Renfroe|Laureano|Kepler
UT Marwin
SP Verlander|Clevinger|Quintana|ASanchez|TRichards|Anderson|JRoss|German|Mahle
RP Hader|Yates|Betances|Rosenthal

heggos
Posts: 431
Joined: Sun Dec 20, 2009 10:29 pm

Re: Draft Chat 2016

Postby heggos » Sun Jan 17, 2016 11:12 am

mullrich wrote:My bad

10.3 Raisel Iglasias sp reds


RAT BASTARD

Apparently we have extremely similar tastes in baseballing men.

(I was choosing between him and Miller and I thought there might be a chance he makes it back. Well, nope.)
C Ramos
1B White|Morales|Davis
2B Schoop
3B Rendon|Flores
SS Bogaerts|Diaz
OF Acuña|Pham|Renfroe|Laureano|Kepler
UT Marwin
SP Verlander|Clevinger|Quintana|ASanchez|TRichards|Anderson|JRoss|German|Mahle
RP Hader|Yates|Betances|Rosenthal

mullrich
Posts: 176
Joined: Fri Dec 27, 2013 11:44 am

Re: Draft Chat 2016

Postby mullrich » Sun Jan 17, 2016 6:39 pm

If you traded ahead of me and took him I likely would have broken SOMETHING.
C-
1-
2-
3-
S-
OF-
U-
SP-
RP-

dbisbee
Posts: 175
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2012 2:27 pm

Re: Draft Chat 2016

Postby dbisbee » Mon Jan 18, 2016 1:13 pm

Pitching is overrated.
C: Kiner-Falefa, Cervelli
1B: Profar, Alonso
2B: Shaw
3B: Chapman, Longoria
SS: Seager, DeJong, Semien, Marte
OF: Castellanos, Piscotty, Robles, Bruce, Kemp, Markakis
U: Gennett
SP: deGrom, Snell, Luzardo, Gausman, Lopez, Loaisiga
RP: Chirinos,Monty

mullrich
Posts: 176
Joined: Fri Dec 27, 2013 11:44 am

Re: Draft Chat 2016

Postby mullrich » Wed Jan 20, 2016 5:46 pm

The draft sheet has an error. There are two picks listed as 10.14. One has S Man taking Pence. This is correct. One has Snapman taking Xander Bogaerts with pick 10.14. This is not right. Bogaerts was taken long ago by some idiot (me) and Snapman did not have a pick at 10.14.

I'm sure it's an innocent mistake, but, um, where did that entry come from?
C-
1-
2-
3-
S-
OF-
U-
SP-
RP-

snapman
Posts: 232
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:34 pm

Re: Draft Chat 2016

Postby snapman » Wed Jan 20, 2016 6:53 pm

mullrich wrote:The draft sheet has an error. There are two picks listed as 10.14. One has S Man taking Pence. This is correct. One has Snapman taking Xander Bogaerts with pick 10.14. This is not right. Bogaerts was taken long ago by some idiot (me) and Snapman did not have a pick at 10.14.

I'm sure it's an innocent mistake, but, um, where did that entry come from?


I noticed that when looking from my phone but thought it was a glitch on my end. I think I took Bogaerts at 10.14 last year or thereabouts. Maybe the same spreadsheet was used as a format for this one and it got missed? Either way he's not on my team and the entry can be deleted.
C Meija Hedges
1B Olson
2B Cano Urias
3B Andujar Kingery
SS E.Escobar TatisJr
OF Betts Jimenez Verdugo Zimmer FCordero
SP Buehler Marquez Morton Matz Sheffield Salazar Reid-Foley Lauer
RP Eovaldi Peacock Trivino Strahm Castillo

Polanco's huge head
Posts: 367
Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2009 4:40 pm

Re: Draft Chat 2016

Postby Polanco's huge head » Wed Jan 20, 2016 7:03 pm

Sorry for drafting out of order. Party foul. I'll take a shot.
C- Jansen
1B- Cabrera
2B- Cesar
3B- Carpenter
SS- Lindor
OF- Soto, Mallex, Mancini
U- Hampsen, McMahon, Avisail, Dexter F.
SP- Bauer, Castillo, Weaver, Soroka, Eflin, Toussaint, Caleb, Pomeranz
RP- Treinen, Giles, Parker, Jimenez. S. Armstrong, Soria

buxton91107
Posts: 268
Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2011 9:35 am

Re: Draft Chat 2016

Postby buxton91107 » Fri Jan 22, 2016 9:32 am

After Zach drafted Zimmerman, this seems as good a time as any to remind everyone of positional requirements: players need 5 games started or 10 games played at a position in 2015 to qualify for that position in 2016. Thus, Zimmerman only qualifies at 1B for 2016.


Actually that is how you GAIN eligibility in season at a position that you did not start the season with eligibility at. Yahoo determines the preseason position eligibility of each player. For instance Big Papi started last year as DH eligible only. During the 2015 season, he started 9 games at 1B. After his 5th start at 1b, he gained 1B eligibility. Same thing will happen this year. He will start out with DH only and - hopefully sooner than later for Ortiz owners - will gain 1B eligibility at some point in the season.
C Lucroy
1B Rizzo
2B Mondesi
SS Turner
3B Moustakas
OF Ozuna Pollock A.Jones D.Santana
Ut Encarnacion A.Cabrera H.Perez
SP Carrasco A.Wood Heaney Minor Velasquez Fulmer Harvey Duffy Smyly Manaea
RP Knebel Robertson Morrow Brasier M.Barnes Thornburg Roe

buxton91107
Posts: 268
Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2011 9:35 am

Re: Draft Chat 2016

Postby buxton91107 » Fri Jan 22, 2016 9:42 am

Unless I am wrong which is very possible..
C Lucroy
1B Rizzo
2B Mondesi
SS Turner
3B Moustakas
OF Ozuna Pollock A.Jones D.Santana
Ut Encarnacion A.Cabrera H.Perez
SP Carrasco A.Wood Heaney Minor Velasquez Fulmer Harvey Duffy Smyly Manaea
RP Knebel Robertson Morrow Brasier M.Barnes Thornburg Roe

heggos
Posts: 431
Joined: Sun Dec 20, 2009 10:29 pm

Re: Draft Chat 2016

Postby heggos » Fri Jan 22, 2016 10:36 am

buxton91107 wrote:
After Zach drafted Zimmerman, this seems as good a time as any to remind everyone of positional requirements: players need 5 games started or 10 games played at a position in 2015 to qualify for that position in 2016. Thus, Zimmerman only qualifies at 1B for 2016.


Actually that is how you GAIN eligibility in season at a position that you did not start the season with eligibility at. Yahoo determines the preseason position eligibility of each player. For instance Big Papi started last year as DH eligible only. During the 2015 season, he started 9 games at 1B. After his 5th start at 1b, he gained 1B eligibility. Same thing will happen this year. He will start out with DH only and - hopefully sooner than later for Ortiz owners - will gain 1B eligibility at some point in the season.


True, but it's also how eligibility is determined at the start of the season.
C Ramos
1B White|Morales|Davis
2B Schoop
3B Rendon|Flores
SS Bogaerts|Diaz
OF Acuña|Pham|Renfroe|Laureano|Kepler
UT Marwin
SP Verlander|Clevinger|Quintana|ASanchez|TRichards|Anderson|JRoss|German|Mahle
RP Hader|Yates|Betances|Rosenthal

heggos
Posts: 431
Joined: Sun Dec 20, 2009 10:29 pm

Re: Draft Chat 2016

Postby heggos » Fri Jan 22, 2016 10:38 am

1b - Byung Ho Park - Projection '16:150 Games,70 Runs,30 2B,26 HR,84 RBI .273/.339/.475


Josh, I will take the under on each of those eight stats--$10 per stat? Deal?
C Ramos
1B White|Morales|Davis
2B Schoop
3B Rendon|Flores
SS Bogaerts|Diaz
OF Acuña|Pham|Renfroe|Laureano|Kepler
UT Marwin
SP Verlander|Clevinger|Quintana|ASanchez|TRichards|Anderson|JRoss|German|Mahle
RP Hader|Yates|Betances|Rosenthal

Scrantonicity
Posts: 691
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 9:48 pm

Re: Draft Chat 2016

Postby Scrantonicity » Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:17 am

heggos wrote:
buxton91107 wrote:
After Zach drafted Zimmerman, this seems as good a time as any to remind everyone of positional requirements: players need 5 games started or 10 games played at a position in 2015 to qualify for that position in 2016. Thus, Zimmerman only qualifies at 1B for 2016.


Actually that is how you GAIN eligibility in season at a position that you did not start the season with eligibility at. Yahoo determines the preseason position eligibility of each player. For instance Big Papi started last year as DH eligible only. During the 2015 season, he started 9 games at 1B. After his 5th start at 1b, he gained 1B eligibility. Same thing will happen this year. He will start out with DH only and - hopefully sooner than later for Ortiz owners - will gain 1B eligibility at some point in the season.


True, but it's also how eligibility is determined at the start of the season.


Just to put in my $.02, we do follow the Yahoo standards for position eligibility. And players certainly can gain new positions once the season begins. But similar to any fantasy draft, our teams need to fill every roster spot. With deep, deep benches, this has never actually been a conflict that we have dealt with in doing these online, message board drafts for the past decade. But please know that you cannot draft a team without a starting C or 5 pitchers with SP eligibility. It will leave the team incomplete upon "Yahoo League Day", and will require an additional move. All of which is ultimately doable. We just try and make sure we are in fact drafting entire team rosters from the onset.
C Realmuto
1B Bellinger Bell
2B Adames Hiura
3B Happ Candelario
SS Andrus Swanson
OF Harper Cain Myers Polanco
U Hamilton
SP Kluber Darvish Lester Godley Gibson Lynn Cueto Giolito
RP Jansen Miller Jeffress Brach Holland Boxberger

buxton91107
Posts: 268
Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2011 9:35 am

Re: Draft Chat 2016

Postby buxton91107 » Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:50 am

So Brandon in the case of David Ortiz, do we know for sure whether he will start the season with 1B eligibility? I was under the impression that yahoo determines position eligibility preseason without a "hard and fast" rule of how it is determined.
C Lucroy
1B Rizzo
2B Mondesi
SS Turner
3B Moustakas
OF Ozuna Pollock A.Jones D.Santana
Ut Encarnacion A.Cabrera H.Perez
SP Carrasco A.Wood Heaney Minor Velasquez Fulmer Harvey Duffy Smyly Manaea
RP Knebel Robertson Morrow Brasier M.Barnes Thornburg Roe

mullrich
Posts: 176
Joined: Fri Dec 27, 2013 11:44 am

Re: Draft Chat 2016

Postby mullrich » Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:52 am

Ok, but...how are we to know where our players qualify? I drafted Papi thinking that he qualifies at 1st because he made 9 or more starts there last year. How can I know what positions yahoo will deem him to be eligible at now? How do you guys "know" yahoo will have him as DH only to start the season?
C-
1-
2-
3-
S-
OF-
U-
SP-
RP-


Return to “Winter Baseball Fever”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests