Slow Day #2- couple of suggestions...

Description of your first forum.

Moderator: S-Man

Scrantonicity

Slow Day #2- couple of suggestions...

Post by Scrantonicity »

Even though the draft windows are 4 hours for the first 10 rounds, the lack of activity can be draining to the other owners who are wanting to make their own moves. This draft will slow down at points, and the vast majority of us have experienced it.

We currently are about to have two picks that stretched out over 7+ hours. That's rough here in the first round, and I just wanted to give a couple of suggestions on how to help moving forward:

- Periodically check in every couple of hours. Increase those check-ins as your pick approaches.
- Have a wish list ready as your pick approaches, and prepare for a plan B, C or D.
- Feel free to send your pick to me, or anyone else in the league who can post for you, if it's tough to get the pick posted on this message board. I'm more than happy to get your pick posted so we can move this along.
C Varsho
1B Joe, Smith
2B Torres
3B Bohm, Kim
SS Witt, Lopez
OF Soto, Mullins, Grossman, Naquin
U Suzuki, Gorman
SP Alcantara, Montas, Verlander, Rodriguez, Greene, Corbin, Kelly, Glasnow
RP Iglesias, Rogers, Trivino, Barnes, Giles
Scrantonicity

Re: Slow Day #2- couple of suggestions...

Post by Scrantonicity »

Just as a point of reference, we are following up a very productive first day. We had 16 picks in day one, compared to 14 last year. So once we iron out the kinks, we'll be right back on pace...
C Varsho
1B Joe, Smith
2B Torres
3B Bohm, Kim
SS Witt, Lopez
OF Soto, Mullins, Grossman, Naquin
U Suzuki, Gorman
SP Alcantara, Montas, Verlander, Rodriguez, Greene, Corbin, Kelly, Glasnow
RP Iglesias, Rogers, Trivino, Barnes, Giles
YankeeManiac

Re: Slow Day #2- couple of suggestions...

Post by YankeeManiac »

I also suggest "subscribing to the topic" at the bottom of the page on the Draft picks thread. Whrn a new post to the topic occurs to you get an email (if several picks occur before you read you will just get the one email, until you check the thread, then it resets and sends you an email again next time a new post happens).
C: Sanchez
1B: Votto,Voit
2B: DJ Le (1B/3B), Cano
SS: B. Rodgers (2B) M. Rojas
3B: Urshela (SS) Biggio (2B?)
OF: Harper, Duvall, A Hicks
SP: Kershaw, Ray, Flaherty, P. Lopez, L. Severino, Taillon, German
RP: Jansen, Graterol, Crochet, Loaisiga, Yates