One open spot in Whiners Live Auction

Description of your first forum.

Moderator: S-Man

Scrantonicity

One open spot in Whiners Live Auction

Post by Scrantonicity »

Hello Winter Leaguers- great progress in getting past the halfway point in this draft! Happy to have such a good group this year- always enjoy this welcome daily distraction at the start of each year.

Another one of my fantasy favorite activities is the annual Santa Ynez Whiners Live Auction that I've been participating in for the better part of the last two decades. Fantastic league with competitive owners. Also at $60, it's not going to cost you an arm and a leg. Traditional 5X5 stats (with the exception of OBP over BA), deep salary capped rosters (C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, 5 OF, MI, CI, 5 SP, 4 RP, 5 bench), multiple weekly H2H matchups. But where the real payoff is- the live in-person auction. It's just the best way to do any fantasy league, and we've been doing it for many years.

We have one open spot, and I figured that this group would be a great place to look for our new owner.

We have quite few current members participating in Winter League right now- Allan, Jim, David, Manny, Dan, Eric, Marty, myself, and we have a couple of dudes who are Whiners alumni in here as well. So if you would be playing with people you already know. The league is large with 16 members (4 divisions).

The final wrinkle is the where and when. For the first time, I will be serving as host to this live morning event (9AM to early afternoon) on Saturday March 12th. We will be doing the draft outdoors, under a massive tent in the courtyard of the Downtown Santa Barbara Lobero Theater.

Let me know if there is anyone that would be interested- this is a worthy enough fantasy event to come into town for the weekend, as many in the league have been for years now.
C Varsho
1B Joe, Smith
2B Torres
3B Bohm, Kim
SS Witt, Lopez
OF Soto, Mullins, Grossman, Naquin
U Suzuki, Gorman
SP Alcantara, Montas, Verlander, Rodriguez, Greene, Corbin, Kelly, Glasnow
RP Iglesias, Rogers, Trivino, Barnes, Giles