Rounds 26-30

Description of your first forum.

Moderator: S-Man

wsuguay

Rounds 26-30

Post by wsuguay »

I know we're a long ways away from this portion of the draft, but how are we doing the last 5 guys?

I understand that the first pick will be off of waivers, but then what? Wouldn't players have to come off of waivers for the first pick to be made? Then what? Anarchy? And would these count as part of our 20 moves?

Also, I know a lot of us are going snag prospects that aren't in the Y! system. Do we declare our own substitutes?

Let's talk it over.
C M. Montero
1B Butler
2B Cano
SS Aybar
3B P. Sandoval
OF Heyward/Trumbo/Pagan/McLouth/Kubel
U Freese/Morneau/Pronk
SP Peavy/B.Anderson/Lynn/Holland/McCarthy/Baker
RP Marshall/W.Wright
DL Beachy
mendoza
Site Admin

Re: Rounds 26-30

Post by mendoza »

I'd say draft it all on the board. We've got almost 90 days to get this MFer done. Then we have the concerns about players not in the Y! FA pool yet , order and use of transactions eliminated.
C - W. Smith
1B - C. Santana
2B - L. Arraez
SS -
3B - J. Ramirez
OF - J. Gallo, M. Kepler, JD Martinez
UT - H. Renfroe
RP - Hader Mayers Staumont
SP - Maeda Kluber Taillon Tanaka Montgomery
heggos

Post by heggos »

mendoza wrote:I'd say draft it all on the board. We've got almost 90 days to get this MFer done. Then we have the concerns about players not in the Y! FA pool yet , order and use of transactions eliminated.
I agree.
C SMurphy
1B NLowe|Vogelbach
2B Profar|Dubon|LGarcía
3B Riley|Paredes
SS Torres
OF LGurriel|Laureano|Taveras|AGarcía|Oliva
UT Álvarez
SP Darvish|Buehler|Stroman|Kikuchi|DeSclafani|Lindblom|Brault
RP Williams|Antone|Duffey|Brebbia|Wisler
ucancallmedavis

Post by ucancallmedavis »

heggos wrote:
mendoza wrote:I'd say draft it all on the board. We've got almost 90 days to get this MFer done. Then we have the concerns about players not in the Y! FA pool yet , order and use of transactions eliminated.
I agree.
Ill third this, might as well draft the whole thing
C- Gomes
1b- Carter,Howard
2b- Murphy,Gregorius
ss- Reyes,A.Cabrera,Galvis
3b- Santana,Asche,Franco
OF-Gomez,Brantley,Blackmon,Dyson,Victorino
U- Bruce
SP- Smyly,Fiers,E.Santana,Lohse,Hudson,Leake,Wada
RP- Casilla,Roark,Strickland,O'Day,Vincent,Kelly
YankeeManiac

Post by YankeeManiac »

wsuguay wrote:I know we're a long ways away from this portion of the draft, but how are we doing the last 5 guys?

I understand that the first pick will be off of waivers, but then what? Wouldn't players have to come off of waivers for the first pick to be made? Then what? Anarchy? And would these count as part of our 20 moves?

Also, I know a lot of us are going snag prospects that aren't in the Y! system. Do we declare our own substitutes?

Let's talk it over.
im also down to draft it all on the board also, however, youve got to consider that there are 30 teams in the majors with 25 man rosters. Thats 750 players. We have 20 teams with 30 man rosters. thats 600 players. we will be drafting almost every player in the major leagues....when i stated in the initial email that heggos would get the first waiver priority because he drafted from the 20 spot, implied in that statement was that the 19 guys would get second priority, 18 guys would get 3rd etc.....all undrafted players would start off on waivers, and then we would be able to put waiver picks in for guys. As most of you know, you can put multiple waiver picks into Yahoo at a time (up to 5) and prioritize who you want most, second, etc. People would be able to put their waiver picks in once players were inputted into the sytem and then yahoo would magically assign the players to teams based upon waiver positiona nd their proirity. Pretty simple and makes it so we dont have to wait around for weeks for guys to make their final few picks. if a team decides not to put in a waiver claim right away for a guy on free agents; that's their perogative.

this method also maked is so that if you want a guy who is not in Yahoo's system, you have to draft them in the first 25 rounds. Any players selected once guys go to waivers would need to be in yahoo's system. we can set it so that New players that are addded to yahoo's system go straight to waivers also, so that they can be picked up via the same process once they are added to the game.

I personally think that this is the easiest, quickest way to do things. it will also be exciting for people once their 25 players rosters have been added to yahoo to plan and put claims in for their final 5 players (who they will all get in one night after they clear waivers) rather than waiting around for perceivably days in between picks, as we wait around for each pick to go off, with lots of 6 hour situations going down (how excited are we really gonna be about drafting a bunch of MLB backup Catchers, 6th inning garbage RPs, and 4th MLB 4tho utfielders?)

just my take
C: Sanchez
1B: Votto,Voit
2B: DJ Le (1B/3B), Cano
SS: B. Rodgers (2B) M. Rojas
3B: Urshela (SS) Biggio (2B?)
OF: Harper, Duvall, A Hicks
SP: Kershaw, Ray, Flaherty, P. Lopez, L. Severino, Taillon, German
RP: Jansen, Graterol, Crochet, Loaisiga, Yates
Knight2254

Post by Knight2254 »

YankeeManiac wrote:[quote="wsuguay"
I personally think that this is the easiest, quickest way to do things. it will also be exciting for people once their 25 players rosters have been added to yahoo to plan and put claims in for their final 5 players (who they will all get in one night after they clear waivers) rather than waiting around for perceivably days in between picks, as we wait around for each pick to go off, with lots of 6 hour situations going down (how excited are we really gonna be about drafting a bunch of MLB backup Catchers, 6th inning garbage RPs, and 4th MLB 4tho utfielders?)
If that's the case, why even both with the 25-30 rounds. Lets limit our rosters at 25 and call it a day. You can always use one of our 50 transactions to pick up one of these guys (say... the brewers third string catcher) if they suddenly becomes fantasy relevant.
YankeeManiac

Post by YankeeManiac »

Knight2254 wrote:
YankeeManiac wrote:[quote="wsuguay"
If that's the case, why even both with the 25-30 rounds. Lets limit our rosters at 25 and call it a day. You can always use one of our 50 transactions to pick up one of these guys (say... the brewers third string catcher) if they suddenly becomes fantasy relevant.
the vote came out for 20 transactions though. the idea is having a roster that is 5 guys deeper will allow you to have a backup at every position in addition to starters and extra pitchers
Knight2254

Post by Knight2254 »

I understand the concept -- just seems like a lot of excess work on the waiver wires to get the last 5 guys, and there's no guarantee you'll actually get them. Kind of a mess if you ask me.

And the voting seems to be 9 to 8 with two people yet to vote -- not exactly a landslide victory for the 20 transactions nor is it over as those two outstanding votes could swing it to 50.
WinterKryptonite

Post by WinterKryptonite »

the vote was 10 to 8, with two managers not caring enough to vote. that's a win for 20.
wsuguay

Post by wsuguay »

Knight2254 wrote:I understand the concept -- just seems like a lot of excess work on the waiver wires to get the last 5 guys, and there's no guarantee you'll actually get them. Kind of a mess if you ask me.
Agreed, there is the potential for a big mess with the waiver claims. 20 teams each putting in five names is sure to produce some rejected claims and a scramble to FA pickups.

What does everyone think about shortening the time limit on picks 26-30. Would anyone be opposed to something as short as two hours? Really, if you get passed on those picks, it's not the end of the world.
C M. Montero
1B Butler
2B Cano
SS Aybar
3B P. Sandoval
OF Heyward/Trumbo/Pagan/McLouth/Kubel
U Freese/Morneau/Pronk
SP Peavy/B.Anderson/Lynn/Holland/McCarthy/Baker
RP Marshall/W.Wright
DL Beachy
YankeeManiac

Post by YankeeManiac »

wsuguay wrote:
Knight2254 wrote:I understand the concept -- just seems like a lot of excess work on the waiver wires to get the last 5 guys, and there's no guarantee you'll actually get them. Kind of a mess if you ask me.
Agreed, there is the potential for a big mess with the waiver claims. 20 teams each putting in five names is sure to produce some rejected claims and a scramble to FA pickups.

What does everyone think about shortening the time limit on picks 26-30. Would anyone be opposed to something as short as two hours? Really, if you get passed on those picks, it's not the end of the world.
id actually be down to do 4 hours for rounds 21-25 and 2 hours for 26-30. Just speaking from experience last year (when things really slowed down around the 21st round and when the poll was pretty dry
Scrantonicity

Post by Scrantonicity »

wsuguay wrote:

I'd actually vote for a shortened time earlier- maybe something like rounds 1-10 have 6 hour limits, 11-20 have 4 hour limits & 21-30 have two hour limits.
C Varsho
1B Joe, Smith
2B Torres
3B Bohm, Kim
SS Witt, Lopez
OF Soto, Mullins, Grossman, Naquin
U Suzuki, Gorman
SP Alcantara, Montas, Verlander, Rodriguez, Greene, Corbin, Kelly, Glasnow
RP Iglesias, Rogers, Trivino, Barnes, Giles