Discuss the draft boards 2011

Description of your first forum.

Moderator: S-Man

wsuguay

Re: Discuss the draft boards 2011

Post by wsuguay »

From the New League Rules Thread
Pocket full of Posey wrote:This is the e-mail I got from Amato:

...The innings minimum each week will be 10 innings. There will be no innings max, however you will only be able to make lineup changes for Monday-Sunday. (there will be a Sunday night at 11:59 deadline to get your lineup set for the upcoming week)...
C M. Montero
1B Butler
2B Cano
SS Aybar
3B P. Sandoval
OF Heyward/Trumbo/Pagan/McLouth/Kubel
U Freese/Morneau/Pronk
SP Peavy/B.Anderson/Lynn/Holland/McCarthy/Baker
RP Marshall/W.Wright
DL Beachy
ucancallmedavis

Post by ucancallmedavis »

wsuguay wrote:From the New League Rules Thread
Pocket full of Posey wrote:This is the e-mail I got from Amato:

...The innings minimum each week will be 10 innings. There will be no innings max, however you will only be able to make lineup changes for Monday-Sunday. (there will be a Sunday night at 11:59 deadline to get your lineup set for the upcoming week)...
Thanks for pulling this up for me... I assume its 5 SPers and 4 RPers per week?
C- Gomes
1b- Carter,Howard
2b- Murphy,Gregorius
ss- Reyes,A.Cabrera,Galvis
3b- Santana,Asche,Franco
OF-Gomez,Brantley,Blackmon,Dyson,Victorino
U- Bruce
SP- Smyly,Fiers,E.Santana,Lohse,Hudson,Leake,Wada
RP- Casilla,Roark,Strickland,O'Day,Vincent,Kelly
ucancallmedavis

Freeze, I fixed the Headley pic, I posted it without looking at its size, sorry homie... I love the Anibal Sanchez pic btw, I was so hoping he would last one more round, I got greedy thou.
C- Gomes
1b- Carter,Howard
2b- Murphy,Gregorius
3b- Santana,Asche,Franco
U- Bruce
freezedawg2002

Post by freezedawg2002 »

Hah, I wasn't that bummed, it was kind of funny how oversized and ridiculous it was for Chase Headley of all people. And thanks for the props on Anibal. I like him a lot, not that stoked it's my third SP but he is definitely a solid pitcher.
C 🔑bert
1b Lowe
2b Segura
SS Xander
3b 🔑
OF FTJ, JD, KELENIC
Util Hosmer, Arraez, Wilmer, Dozier, Robles, Alfaro
SP Giolito, Castillo, Mahle, J. gray, Kikuchi, Weaver, Brubaker
Thompson
RP Clase, McGee, Fulmer, Antone, Rob Suarez
Scrantonicity

Post by Scrantonicity »

The Fusion Posey trade is BS- why would a team trade down in a draft and receive less of a pick increase later in the draft? Either there is a typo on the trade announcement or shadiness.
C Varsho
1B Joe, Smith
2B Torres
3B Bohm, Kim
SS Witt, Lopez
OF Soto, Mullins, Grossman, Naquin
U Suzuki, Gorman
SP Alcantara, Montas, Verlander, Rodriguez, Greene, Corbin, Kelly, Glasnow
RP Iglesias, Rogers, Trivino, Barnes, Giles
ucancallmedavis

Scrantonicity wrote:The Fusion Posey trade is BS- why would a team trade down in a draft and receive less of a pick increase later in the draft? Either there is a typo on the trade announcement or shadiness.
PFOP and a shady trade?
C- Gomes
1b- Carter,Howard
2b- Murphy,Gregorius
3b- Santana,Asche,Franco
U- Bruce
Pocket full of Posey

Post by Pocket full of Posey »

I am also trading down later on in the draft. Fusionhah didn't have a pick in mind (obviously [ref: John Axeford]) but had some things that he wanted later on. You guys have been swapping picks around like this like crazy just like we did. Plus, I actually got his pick 3 picks later because of the managers that jumped fusionhah.
C: Suzuki, Pierzynski
1B: Morales, G. Jones
2B: J. Weeks, Sanchez
3B: Chipper, Valencia
SS: Cozart, Pastornicky
OF: Braun, Bourn, Ichiro, Tabata
SP: Halladay, Lester, Wainwright, Chacin, Norris, Blanton, Porcello
RP: Soria, Romo, Fuentes, Abreu, Axelrod
Scrantonicity

Post by Scrantonicity »

Quick break down:

Posey deals up to grab 12.17 and deals Fusion 13.17 for the pick = +18 picks for Posey

Fusion gets pick 14.2 for Posey's future 14.14 = +12 picks for Fusion

End result = Fusion trades down for the right to receive less pick increase.

It makes no sense for him.
C Varsho
1B Joe, Smith
2B Torres
3B Bohm, Kim
SS Witt, Lopez
U Suzuki, Gorman
Pocket full of Posey

Scrantonicity wrote:Quick break down:

Posey deals up to grab 12.17 and deals Fusion 13.17 for the pick = +18 picks for Posey

Well, how about I just get Fusion's round 15 pick. That way he goes up by by about 9 picks. Fair everyone? I'm getting some sleep now.
YankeeManiac

Post by YankeeManiac »

Pocket full of Posey wrote:

Well, how about I just get Fusion's round 15 pick. That way he goes up by by about 9 picks. Fair everyone? I'm getting some sleep now.
That would make it passable. To be honest, fusion should at least get +18 in return, especially since posey is gettint +18 in rounds earlier.

As a general rule, the team that is getting the earlier pick swap should give up a larger difference later as compensation.
C: Sanchez
1B: Votto,Voit
2B: DJ Le (1B/3B), Cano
SS: B. Rodgers (2B) M. Rojas
3B: Urshela (SS) Biggio (2B?)
OF: Harper, Duvall, A Hicks
SP: Kershaw, Ray, Flaherty, P. Lopez, L. Severino, Taillon, German
RP: Jansen, Graterol, Crochet, Loaisiga, Yates
ucancallmedavis

Pocket full of Posey wrote: ...You guys have been swapping picks around like this like crazy just like we did...
No... not just like you.
C- Gomes
1b- Carter,Howard
2b- Murphy,Gregorius
3b- Santana,Asche,Franco
U- Bruce
heggos

Post by heggos »

YankeeManiac wrote:

That would make it passable. To be honest, fusion should at least get +18 in return, especially since posey is gettint +18 in rounds earlier.

As a general rule, the team that is getting the earlier pick swap should give up a larger difference later as compensation.
This trade is bullshit, not because it's unequal (which it is), because Fusion already committed to making the pick by trying to take Axford. What is this, "whoops, I fucked up...guess I don't want the pick after all" crap? I guess the trade is already in the books, but can we stipulate that if you are trading picks, that you have to actually trade the pick before it's made? Sure, you can trade the player you drafted after the fact, but this oops-then-trade thing is lame as shit. It just reeks of Fusion not paying attention and not wanting to deal with his pick right now, and Posey pouncing on that to make him a bad deal. Dunno if this is how it went down, but that's how it looks.
C SMurphy
1B NLowe|Vogelbach
2B Profar|Dubon|LGarcía
3B Riley|Paredes
SS Torres
OF LGurriel|Laureano|Taveras|AGarcía|Oliva
UT Álvarez
SP Darvish|Buehler|Stroman|Kikuchi|DeSclafani|Lindblom|Brault
RP Williams|Antone|Duffey|Brebbia|Wisler
Pocket full of Posey

heggos wrote:This trade is bullshit, not because it's unequal (which it is), because Fusion already committed to making the pick by trying to take Axford. What is this, "whoops, I fucked up...guess I don't want the pick after all" crap? I guess the trade is already in the books, but can we stipulate that if you are trading picks, that you have to actually trade the pick before it's made? Sure, you can trade the player you drafted after the fact, but this oops-then-trade thing is lame as shit. It just reeks of Fusion not paying attention and not wanting to deal with his pick right now, and Posey pouncing on that to make him a bad deal. Dunno if this is how it went down, but that's how it looks.
Whooooa, Fusion wanted a closer, if we really want to, I could give him Matt Thornton (white sox could be closer) and his pick back and he could give me my picks back. I really don't see what's wrong, he wasn't ready for his pick, I asked if he wanted to trade it because I had someone in mind and he said sure. I messed up on the order, but that was fixed so now he has moved up about 8 more draft slots giving him more of an advantage in this trade. You guys really need to lighten up. It's the 13th round, it's not like I am trying to swindle any superstars or closers or anything for that matter. But seriously, the problem was fixed. Chill.
Scrantonicity

Post by Scrantonicity »

heggos wrote:This trade is bullshit, not because it's unequal (which it is), because Fusion already committed to making the pick by trying to take Axford. What is this, "whoops, I fucked up...guess I don't want the pick after all" crap? I guess the trade is already in the books, but can we stipulate that if you are trading picks, that you have to actually trade the pick before it's made? Sure, you can trade the player you drafted after the fact, but this oops-then-trade thing is lame as shit. It just reeks of Fusion not paying attention and not wanting to deal with his pick right now, and Posey pouncing on that to make him a bad deal. Dunno if this is how it went down, but that's how it looks.
Whooooa, Fusion wanted a closer, if we really want to, I could give him Matt Thornton (white sox could be closer) and his pick back and he could give me my picks back. I really don't see what's wrong, he wasn't ready for his pick, I asked if he wanted to trade it because I had someone in mind and he said sure. I messed up on the order, but that was fixed so now he has moved up about 8 more draft slots giving him more of an advantage in this trade. You guys really need to lighten up. It's the 13th round, it's not like I am trying to swindle any superstars or closers or anything for that matter. But seriously, the problem was fixed. Chill.
I agree that the deal as is right now is acceptable. Fusion moves up 21 spots versus Posey's 18 spot jump. That's a little lean in terms of a return (Fusion's 3 pick advantage), but at least Fusion is getting some benefit from the move. I think the big thing here is that we saw some questionable moves last year in-season with trades, and here we are again with a head scratching transaction during the draft, long before the season starts. If there was no history, then there would be more of a willingness to "lighten up".

Comments like "Yay trading picks!" and "You guys have been swapping picks around like this like crazy just like we did" put the teams that have enjoyed swapping picks on the defensive as well. There is nothing inherently wrong with these moves, and they have always proved to be logical in terms of return on trading down with better picks later in the draft. That is, until your initial transaction.

But as far as I'm concerned, that's water under the bridge. The deal as is stands as far as I'm concerned.
C Varsho
1B Joe, Smith
2B Torres
3B Bohm, Kim
SS Witt, Lopez
U Suzuki, Gorman
Pocket full of Posey

Scrantonicity wrote:
I agree that the deal as is right now is acceptable. Fusion moves up 21 spots versus Posey's 18 spot jump. That's a little lean in terms of a return (Fusion's 3 pick advantage), but at least Fusion is getting some benefit from the move. I think the big thing here is that we saw some questionable moves last year in-season with trades, and here we are again with a head scratching transaction during the draft, long before the season starts. If there was no history, then there would be more of a willingness to "lighten up".

Comments like "Yay trading picks!" and "You guys have been swapping picks around like this like crazy just like we did" put the teams that have enjoyed swapping picks on the defensive as well. There is nothing inherently wrong with these moves, and they have always proved to be logical in terms of return on trading down with better picks later in the draft. That is, until your initial transaction.

But as far as I'm concerned, that's water under the bridge. The deal as is stands as far as I'm concerned.
Cool, thanks for saying that it's water under the bridge. The "Yay trading picks!" comment was just a "yay! I'm one of the cool kids who trades picks" that's all ;-)
heggos

Post by heggos »

GOD DAMMIT THIS IS SERIOUS BUSINESS...IT'S THE THIRTEENTH ROUND OF A FANTASY BASEBALL DRAFT IN JANUARY!

point taken. I have chilled.
C SMurphy
1B NLowe|Vogelbach
2B Profar|Dubon|LGarcía
3B Riley|Paredes
SS Torres
OF LGurriel|Laureano|Taveras|AGarcía|Oliva
UT Álvarez
SP Darvish|Buehler|Stroman|Kikuchi|DeSclafani|Lindblom|Brault
RP Williams|Antone|Duffey|Brebbia|Wisler
ucancallmedavis

I saw Fusion was logged in while he was on the clock and thought he might make a pick in under 5 hours, but then he logged off.
C- Gomes
1b- Carter,Howard
2b- Murphy,Gregorius
3b- Santana,Asche,Franco
U- Bruce