Transaction Limit

Description of your first forum.

Moderator: S-Man

WinterKryptonite

Transaction Limit

Post by WinterKryptonite »

Last year I was the one who argued that we should have a transaction limit, but that was because we were in a daily transaction league. Since we are doing weekly transactions in this league, I propose that we either raise the transaction limit to something like 50 or get rid of it altogether.

In its place, it would be cool to do what most leagues do in fantasy football (all players go to waivers during the week, and you may put in a claim, but the waiver will be processed by Saturday, enabling you to insert the players for Sunday). Some teams would burn their waiver priority each week but for mid-season callups they'd lose out. Also all teams would have a fair shot at newly anointed closers and such, not just the first team to pick up the player that day. I'm not sure if this is possible in Yahoo. Has anybody played H2H before? What is the standard way to do it?

I love that we have weekly lineup changes only, but we may need some fine-tuning on the league settings (perhaps next season if not for this year). We've currently got settings built for daily transactions in a weekly transaction league that most of us will check once or twice a week.

Thoughts?
wsuguay

Re: Transaction Limit

Post by wsuguay »

As far as the number of transactions go, there's a poll for that and 20 seems to be the winner. I'm hoping this isn't headed towards another vote.

On the other side, I think football style waivers may be a fun idea, but my take would include the priority resetting weekly (if you're in last, you're #1, etc.). After all, wasn't the move to H2H to keep the "bad" or "less gifted" teams engaged more down the stretch?

I haven't played in a baseball league with waivers, but I figure that everyone goes on waivers Monday, waivers are processed closer to the weekend (like Friday overnight) and you can make pickups and set your lineup over the weekend for the following week.

Also, 27 weeks, 20 transactions, seems like a good plan.
C M. Montero
1B Butler
2B Cano
SS Aybar
3B P. Sandoval
OF Heyward/Trumbo/Pagan/McLouth/Kubel
U Freese/Morneau/Pronk
SP Peavy/B.Anderson/Lynn/Holland/McCarthy/Baker
RP Marshall/W.Wright
DL Beachy
freezedawg2002

Post by freezedawg2002 »

I do not want to see it go past twenty. Once again this is fun but it is not even close to my primary league. I think the head to head aspect of the league makes it even more important not to increase moves. Every head to head league I'm in has restricted move for the purposes of streaming players. Streaming pitchers ruins head to head baseball leagues. 20 moves is fine imho.
C 🔑bert
1b Lowe
2b Segura
SS Xander
3b 🔑
OF FTJ, JD, KELENIC
Util Hosmer, Arraez, Wilmer, Dozier, Robles, Alfaro
SP Giolito, Castillo, Mahle, J. gray, Kikuchi, Weaver, Brubaker
Thompson
RP Clase, McGee, Fulmer, Antone, Rob Suarez
YankeeManiac

Post by YankeeManiac »

freezedawg2002 wrote: Every head to head league I'm in has restricted move for the purposes of streaming players. Streaming pitchers ruins head to head baseball leagues. 20 moves is fine imho.
Just to make it clear, it will not be able to stream pitchers in this league, as roster changes will be made WEEKLY. (You start yours guys for a week). Of course some pitchers will pitch twice in a week while others only once, so there is the possibility to pick up guys who will be getting two starts.
C: Sanchez
1B: Votto,Voit
2B: DJ Le (1B/3B), Cano
SS: B. Rodgers (2B) M. Rojas
3B: Urshela (SS) Biggio (2B?)
OF: Harper, Duvall, A Hicks
SP: Kershaw, Ray, Flaherty, P. Lopez, L. Severino, Taillon, German
RP: Jansen, Graterol, Crochet, Loaisiga, Yates
heggos

Post by heggos »

YankeeManiac wrote:Of course some pitchers will pitch twice in a week while others only once, so there is the possibility to pick up guys who will be getting two starts.
Which is still streaming, just on a weekly rather than a daily basis. So, another reason to keep transactions at 20.

I see this as a moot point, anyway. We've started the draft under the assumption that we have 20 transactions for the year. My strategy would probably change if we had a higher number of transactions. The rules are set, for better or worse, and it wouldn't really be fair to change at this point.
C SMurphy
1B NLowe|Vogelbach
2B Profar|Dubon|LGarcía
3B Riley|Paredes
SS Torres
OF LGurriel|Laureano|Taveras|AGarcía|Oliva
UT Álvarez
SP Darvish|Buehler|Stroman|Kikuchi|DeSclafani|Lindblom|Brault
RP Williams|Antone|Duffey|Brebbia|Wisler
YankeeManiac

Post by YankeeManiac »

heggos wrote:
YankeeManiac wrote:Of course some pitchers will pitch twice in a week while others only once, so there is the possibility to pick up guys who will be getting two starts.
Which is still streaming, just on a weekly rather than a daily basis. So, another reason to keep transactions at 20.

I see this as a moot point, anyway. We've started the draft under the assumption that we have 20 transactions for the year. My strategy would probably change if we had a higher number of transactions. The rules are set, for better or worse, and it wouldn't really be fair to change at this point.
i agree
C: Sanchez
1B: Votto,Voit
2B: DJ Le (1B/3B), Cano
SS: B. Rodgers (2B) M. Rojas
3B: Urshela (SS) Biggio (2B?)
OF: Harper, Duvall, A Hicks
SP: Kershaw, Ray, Flaherty, P. Lopez, L. Severino, Taillon, German
RP: Jansen, Graterol, Crochet, Loaisiga, Yates