League details for 2013

Description of your first forum.

Moderator: S-Man

Scrantonicity

League details for 2013

Post by Scrantonicity »

Hello and welcome to the 18 teams that have signed up for this year's Winter Baseball Obsession league.

I am the new commissioner, and I'm pleased that we have a great collection of old and new teams to this league.

The original basis for this league was to create an exercise for fantasy baseball nuts like all of you- a spring training of sorts for the fantasy baseball season. We expanded, and encouraged large leagues, and draft VERY slow. Like, sometimes approaching two months slow. And, in my biased opinion, it's glorious. By time the spring rolls around, you will be intimately knowledgeable with the collective MLB player universe. Stars, scrubs, future stars, future scrubs- you name them, and they will probably be drafted in this draft. Last year, not only was Derek Lee drafted in this league, but he was twice traded before spring training even started. Derek Lee, mind you, didn't have a single at bat in 2012.

So that's the background- the basic set up rules as I'd like to suggest:

$30 buy-in (was $25 last year- let's bump it 5 bucks and get a bigger pot even with 2 less teams)
- Payouts: 1st place $300, 2nd place $150, 3rd place $90, 4th place $30

5X5 traditional stats (BA, HR, R, RBI, SB, ERA, WHIP, K, W, S).

H2H weekly match ups, with weekly lineups due.

30 total transaction over course of the year (does not include trades).

27 rounds- 9 starters on offense, 9 pitching (C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, 3 OF, Util, 5 SPs, 4 RPs) and 9 bench spots.

One added feature new to Yahoo that I wouldn't mind incorporating- FAB pick ups (we can discuss this later).

So there it is- the whole kit and kaboodle. Draft starts Tuesday at 12 noon. Draft windows previously defined. I hope everyone is sorta, kinda on the ball, and checks in as the draft begins. Bookmarking this site to your mobile device, and having a short list of guys you are targeting can make a huge difference in whether the pick takes an hour or 6.

Trades are also welcome throughout the draft, and future picks can be dealt. Please be sure you are dealing the correct picks before agreeing to deals. It can and has gotten complicated in the past.

I will consult with Amato about a draft order- expect that order shortly (it will be completely random).

Feel free to follow with any questions or suggestions- this is a democratic, friendly process.
C Varsho
1B Joe, Smith
2B Torres
3B Bohm, Kim
SS Witt, Lopez
OF Soto, Mullins, Grossman, Naquin
U Suzuki, Gorman
SP Alcantara, Montas, Verlander, Rodriguez, Greene, Corbin, Kelly, Glasnow
RP Iglesias, Rogers, Trivino, Barnes, Giles
YankeeManiac

Re: League details for 2013

Post by YankeeManiac »

Is there a minimum inning amount per week?

Also, how many teams will make the playoffs? I'd be in favor of 6 (top 1/3rd) so that the top 2 seeds get a bye and face the winners of round 1 in the semi finals.

I'd also be ok with 8, as it would give lots of teams something to play for late.

4 playoff teams would be pretty exclusive, and may lead to only 4 or 5 teams having something to play for down the stretch.
C: Sanchez
1B: Votto,Voit
2B: DJ Le (1B/3B), Cano
SS: B. Rodgers (2B) M. Rojas
3B: Urshela (SS) Biggio (2B?)
OF: Harper, Duvall, A Hicks
SP: Kershaw, Ray, Flaherty, P. Lopez, L. Severino, Taillon, German
RP: Jansen, Graterol, Crochet, Loaisiga, Yates
Scrantonicity

Post by Scrantonicity »

YankeeManiac wrote:Is there a minimum inning amount per week?
Was planning on just going with whatever the Yahoo default was here. Open to suggestions.
YankeeManiac wrote:Also, how many teams will make the playoffs? I'd be in favor of 6 (top 1/3rd) so that the top 2 seeds get a bye and face the winners of round 1 in the semi finals.

I'd also be ok with 8, as it would give lots of teams something to play for late.

4 playoff teams would be pretty exclusive, and may lead to only 4 or 5 teams having something to play for down the stretch.
I like top 6- that would be my vote.
C Varsho
1B Joe, Smith
2B Torres
3B Bohm, Kim
SS Witt, Lopez
OF Soto, Mullins, Grossman, Naquin
U Suzuki, Gorman
SP Alcantara, Montas, Verlander, Rodriguez, Greene, Corbin, Kelly, Glasnow
RP Iglesias, Rogers, Trivino, Barnes, Giles
YankeeManiac

Post by YankeeManiac »

We had it setup for 10 innings per week minimum last time (2011)

We also had a 6 team playoff format then

http://archive.fantasysports.yahoo.com/ ... 0/settings

http://archive.fantasysports.yahoo.com/mlb/2011/33650
C: Sanchez
1B: Votto,Voit
2B: DJ Le (1B/3B), Cano
SS: B. Rodgers (2B) M. Rojas
3B: Urshela (SS) Biggio (2B?)
OF: Harper, Duvall, A Hicks
SP: Kershaw, Ray, Flaherty, P. Lopez, L. Severino, Taillon, German
RP: Jansen, Graterol, Crochet, Loaisiga, Yates