Everybody is paid- lets get Davis, Snapman & Guay signed up!

Description of your first forum.

Moderator: S-Man

Scrantonicity

Everybody is paid- lets get Davis, Snapman & Guay signed up!

Post by Scrantonicity »

Ok guys- job well done piecing together some very formidable lineups. 5 rounds to round out your respective benches and then we'll call it a draft.

Being that this is my first time as commish of this league, I wanted to set a precedent of early league payment. Nothing is more annoying than late payment on a fantasy team. No one signs up to oversee something like Winter Baseball Obsession for the rare privilege of harassing their friends/acquaintances for non-substantial sums of money. So please do us all the favor of quick and painless payment of this league. I've listed below what every individual owes for 2013 league fees:

Team Name $ Owed

Freezedawg $0
Mendoza $0
Scrantonicity $0
Winter Kryptonite $0
Vogel $0
WSU Guay $30
Heggos $0
FncForsyth $0
SB Shooter $0
Snap Man $0
Clown Baby $0
Yankee Maniac $0
Buxton $0
Polanco's Huge Head $0
UcancallmeDavis $0
Gstatejester $0
DBisbee $0
Sman $0

Feel free to paypal the amount to my account:

brandonmpsu@yahoo.com

Send a check to my address:

Brandon Mowery
5991 Cuesta Verde
Goleta, CA 93117

Or hand it off to me directly (Buxton, Manny, Bisbee & Forsyth- I'll see you guys and your payment on Whiners draft day)

Let's try and get this settled ASAP- I'd really love to have this all handled and collected by the end of Spring Training, if not sooner.
C Varsho
1B Joe, Smith
2B Torres
3B Bohm, Kim
SS Witt, Lopez
OF Soto, Mullins, Grossman, Naquin
U Suzuki, Gorman
SP Alcantara, Montas, Verlander, Rodriguez, Greene, Corbin, Kelly, Glasnow
RP Iglesias, Rogers, Trivino, Barnes, Giles
WinterKryptonite

Re: Time to pay for your roto masterpiece!

Post by WinterKryptonite »

Hey Brandon,

Checking my bank statement here, I never received 50 bucks from our side-bet for Baseball Obsession last year (emailed you and Dan on 10/2/2012, please correct me if I'm wrong here). Dan had me subtract it from his winnings toward mine.

Can we be even on the Winter League and then apply the remaining 20 to Baseball Obsession league fees?

-Dylan
Scrantonicity

Post by Scrantonicity »

Sorry Dylan- I have to talk to Dan- thought I evened up with him paying our sidebet. Regardless,we'll get the debt resolved ASAP.
C Varsho
1B Joe, Smith
2B Torres
3B Bohm, Kim
SS Witt, Lopez
U Suzuki, Gorman
Scrantonicity

Post by Scrantonicity »

Love to be receiving more league payments with this request- so far only one team has ponied up (Thanks sbshooter!).

Please feel free to paypal or send along a check.
C Varsho
1B Joe, Smith
2B Torres
3B Bohm, Kim
SS Witt, Lopez
U Suzuki, Gorman
WinterKryptonite

Yahoo is up. My advice is only send invites to those that have paid. Authoritarian style.
YankeeManiac

Post by YankeeManiac »

WinterKryptonite wrote:Yahoo is up. My advice is only send invites to those that have paid. Authoritarian style.
Word. The glorious privilege of accessing the yahoo page should be bestowed upon oly those who have paid their share. Money will come flying in.
C: Sanchez
1B: Votto,Voit
2B: DJ Le (1B/3B), Cano
SS: B. Rodgers (2B) M. Rojas
3B: Urshela (SS) Biggio (2B?)
OF: Harper, Duvall, A Hicks
SP: Kershaw, Ray, Flaherty, P. Lopez, L. Severino, Taillon, German
RP: Jansen, Graterol, Crochet, Loaisiga, Yates
Scrantonicity

Post by Scrantonicity »

I think Dylan and Amato make a good point. B.O. league members standing fees will be incorporated in the B.O. league payments- you guys are all good and should have received invites. Whiners league members, similar deal- I'll see you guys on draft day, and we'll square away then.

Everyone else, pay to play. Send me a check or a paypal, and I'll get the invite out to you. Everyone has been updated on the first post in this thread.
C Varsho
1B Joe, Smith
2B Torres
3B Bohm, Kim
SS Witt, Lopez
U Suzuki, Gorman
YankeeManiac

Post by YankeeManiac »

So for Baseball Obsession league fee purposes, what am I adding? Perhaps post a list of what I need to tack on to square away winter fees, and then I will subtract that amount from Scrantonicity's BO fees.
WinterKryptonite

Couple things to Recine:

Please subtract 20 from my league fees for the remainder of my SB w Brandon and add it to Brandon's dues.

Please subtract 100 for your and my Giants/Tigers sidebet.

Don't forget that the league dues are actually 256 since the monthly pitching performance is a ratified part of our league rules:
http://baseballobsession.net/rules_rev_C.html
I know you and Brandon weren't fans, but if you want to get rid of it you'll need to gather the 2/3 votes necessary to eliminate that rule.
Scrantonicity

Post by Scrantonicity »

Hey Amato,

Add $5 to Glen, Scott and Josh for our league fees, and subtract $15 from my total. I would have added Dylan's addition/subtraction, but he beat me to the punch.

In regards to the pitching performance, can we maybe get a vote on draft day, when we have everyone together online?
C Varsho
1B Joe, Smith
2B Torres
3B Bohm, Kim
SS Witt, Lopez
U Suzuki, Gorman
YankeeManiac

Post by YankeeManiac »

Scrantonicity wrote:Hey Amato,

Add $5 to Glen, Scott and Josh for our league fees, and subtract $15 from my total. I would have added Dylan's addition/subtraction, but he beat me to the punch.

In regards to the pitching performance, can we maybe get a vote on draft day, when we have everyone together online?

Im going to send out a league email about a few different issues/options for this year, so we can address the pitching pool then. I wouldnt be as opposed to it if the formula were tweaked a tad. It would be ideal if the formula reflected who's fantasy team took the biggest hit by the pitching performance (ie whose team took the worst hit in WHIP, ERA, Ks, W, SVs), since the idea behind this pool is its supposed to be compensatory to who got hurt the most.

HBP and HR dont count in our league, so i dont know why they would in this formula. I had times last year where my guy gave up more earned runs, hits, and walks in less innings, but didnt win the prize because they gave up less dingers. Earned runs are earned runs, and i think we'd all agree that a guy who gives up 8 earned runs in 3 innings (but no dingers) had a worse outing than a guy who gave up 6 earned runs in 4 but 2 or 3 homers.

Youd have my vote if dingers and HBP were eliminated from the formula. Perhaps if there is a tie, giving up more dingers coudl be the tie breaker, and HBP the second tie breaker. (since there was a tie one month last year, there is a realistic chance that it could happen again).

Just my thoughts. I hope others agree.
Vogel

Post by Vogel »

Stick to dingers or homers, choose one!
C - S Murphy
1b -Bell
2b - Muncy
SS- Lindor
3b - Vlad Guerrero Jr.
OF - Robles, Puig, Verdugo
UTIL -Adell, Kike, Taylor, Bauers, Bote, Dalbec
SP - Ray, Fried, Canning, Cease, Lester, Pearson
RP - Barnes, Kelly, Harris, Wood, Nelson
YankeeManiac

Post by YankeeManiac »

Vogel wrote:Stick to dingers or homers, choose one!
i actually prefer taters. Ill edit my last post.
WinterKryptonite

YankeeManiac wrote:
HBP and HR dont count in our league, so i dont know why they would in this formula. I had times last year where my guy gave up more earned runs, hits, and walks in less innings, but didnt win the prize because they gave up less dingers. Earned runs are earned runs, and i think we'd all agree that a guy who gives up 8 earned runs in 3 innings (but no dingers) had a worse outing than a guy who gave up 6 earned runs in 4 but 2 or 3 homers.

Youd have my vote if dingers and HBP were eliminated from the formula. Perhaps if there is a tie, giving up more dingers coudl be the tie breaker, and HBP the second tie breaker. (since there was a tie one month last year, there is a realistic chance that it could happen again).

I actually agree that HR are weighted too heavily, and I am the one who created the formula. HOWEVER (all caps), I do think they should count, just not as much. If we only counted the roto stats (ERA+WHIP minus Ks and Wins) we'd have a 7 way tie every month (seriously, we had many months where there was nearly a tie even when HR and HBP are so heavily weighted. Without some extra stats we'd have ties every month. Right now the formula is weighted for the truly worst performance. An easy tweak would be this:

Instead of
Worst Pitching Performance = ((Outs*1)+(K*2)+(W*10)+(SV*6))-((H*2)+(BB*3)+(HBP*2)+(ER*5)+(HR*5))

We'd do this (changes in HR, HBP, BB)
Worst Pitching Performance = ((Outs*1)+(K*2)+(W*10)+(SV*6))-((H*2)+(BB*2)+(HBP*1])+(ER*5)+(HR*1))

This way, roto performance is put at a premium and HRs/HBP become more of a tie-breaker. Since, as a pitcher, HR and HPB are the two worst things you can do (all pitcher control, no luck involved) they make excellent tie-breakers. I think that the tie breaker should be part of the formula though so that it's already included and at the end of the month there's a clear winner.

What do you think Recine?
YankeeManiac

Re: Only 3 more to go! Yahoo ready- pay & we can start up!

Post by YankeeManiac »

Brilliant. HRs are no longer weighted the heaviest. They effectively become a tie breaker based upon their lower rating this year.
YankeeManiac

Post by YankeeManiac »

WinterKryptonite wrote:
YankeeManiac wrote:

I actually agree that HR are weighted too heavily, and I am the one who created the formula. HOWEVER (all caps), I do think they should count, just not as much. If we only counted the roto stats (ERA+WHIP minus Ks and Wins) we'd have a 7 way tie every month (seriously, we had many months where there was nearly a tie even when HR and HBP are so heavily weighted. Without some extra stats we'd have ties every month. Right now the formula is weighted for the truly worst performance. An easy tweak would be this:

Instead of
Worst Pitching Performance = ((Outs*1)+(K*2)+(W*10)+(SV*6))-((H*2)+(BB*3)+(HBP*2)+(ER*5)+(HR*5))

We'd do this (changes in HR, HBP, BB)
Worst Pitching Performance = ((Outs*1)+(K*2)+(W*10)+(SV*6))-((H*2)+(BB*2)+(HBP*1])+(ER*5)+(HR*1))

This way, roto performance is put at a premium and HRs/HBP become more of a tie-breaker. Since, as a pitcher, HR and HPB are the two worst things you can do (all pitcher control, no luck involved) they make excellent tie-breakers. I think that the tie breaker should be part of the formula though so that it's already included and at the end of the month there's a clear winner.

What do you think Recine?
Is this board public? If so, these posts make us look like we are kind of math nerds. (And if not, these posts are pretty awesome!).
Clown Baby

Re: Only 2 more to go! Yahoo ready- pay & we can start up!

Post by Clown Baby »

Sorry about the lag...I had the picks message bookmarked and had not looked at this for awhile. Thanks Freeze for the heads up. Just sent my money paypal.
C Knizner Hernandez
1b Aguilar Brosseau
2b Merrifield
SS Gimenez
3b W.Castro
OF Harper Yastrzemski Benintendi Straw
DH Reyes
SP Hendricks Marquez Sheffield Gomber Cody Kelly
RP Diaz Bummer D.Castillo Magill